Supplier Diversity at Health Care Service Corporation
Health Care Service Corporation's (HCSC) Corporate Supplier Diversity (CSD) department maximizes procurement opportunities for minority-owned, women-owned and other diverse companies. One of the primary goals of the CSD program is to promote diversity in the supply chain, thereby helping to create a positive economic impact in the very communities HCSC serves. Register to become a supplier or contact us with any questions about the supplier diversity information.
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE): A business is classified as a minority business enterprise if the company is at least 51% owned, controlled and operated by one or more individuals from a minority group. The following describes the classified minority groups:
- African-American: A U.S. citizen who is of black racial groups from the origins of Africa
- Asian-Indian: A U.S. citizen whose origins are from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh
- Asia-Pacific: A U.S. citizen whose origins are from Japan, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Trust Territories of the Pacific or the Northern Marianas
- Hispanic American: A U.S. citizen who is of Spanish culture from the origins of Mexico, South or Central America or the Caribbean Islands
- Native American: A person who is an American Indian, Eskimo, Aleut or Native Hawaiian
- Woman Business Enterprise (WBE): A business is classified as a woman business enterprise if the company is at least 51% owned, controlled, and operated by one or more women.
- Veteran/Disabled Veteran: A veteran is any person who has had not less than 90 calendar days of active service in the armed forces of the United States during any period covered by a selective service law and who has received an honorable discharge or other suitable evidence of honorable active service.li>
- Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zone: An entity with its principal place of business in Texas, and is at least 51% owned by an African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic American, Native American and/or American woman who resides in Texas and has a proportionate interest and demonstrates active participation in the control, operations and management of the entity's affairs.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT): A business is classified as LGBT if the company is at least 51% owned, controlled and operated by one or more principals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.
- Disability-owned businesses: A business is classified as disability-owned business if the company is at least 51% owned, operated, managed and controlled by individual(s) with a disability or service-disabled veteran(s) who are either U.S. citizen(s) or lawful permanent resident(s).
HCSC seeks to do business with firms located in the states in which we operate. Suppliers are encouraged to provide proof of certification. HCSC will monitor vendor certifications on a regular basis. A certification from one of the following organizations is preferred, although local and/or state certifications are also acceptable.
- Certifies minority-owned businesses
- NMSDC has 39 affiliate offices located nationwide
- 1359 Broadway 10th Floor
New York, NY 10018
- Phone: 212-944-2430
- Certifies women-owned businesses
- WBENC has 12 affiliate offices located nationwide
- 1710 H. Street, NW, 7th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20006
- Phone: 202-872-5515
- Certifies LGBT-owned businesses
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, 7th Floor
Washington, DC 20004
- Phone: 202-661-3326
- 26 Federal Plaza
New York, NY 10278
- Phone: 212-264-4322
- Certifies disability-owned business enterprises, including service-disabled and veteran disability-owned businesses.
- 3000 Potomac Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22305
- Contact: info@disabilityIN.org