At HCSC, we value diversity and inclusion because diverse perspectives, experiences and approaches foster a stronger, smarter and more informed business. We continue to strive to create an environment where employees are valued, empowered to positively support our business objectives, and recognized for their individual contributions.
At HCSC, we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. To request special accommodation to submit an application, please contact us at: 866.977.7378 or email us at: HREmployeeServices@bcbstx.com.
Diversity and Inclusion Annual Profile
To learn more about HCSC's commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) and the impact a diverse and inclusive workforce has on our enterprise, we are pleased to provide a window into our culture through our D&I Annual Profile. Our Annual Profile highlights our award-winning programs and initiatives, while providing transparency into the diversity of our workforce and demonstrating alignment with our business priorities.
HCSC has 9 Business Resource Groups and 3 Employee Networks to foster connections, support and engagement. These groups are strategically linked to our business through their work around careers, community and culture.
- African Americans in Motion
- Asian American Business Resource Group
- Engaging Millennial Energy to Recognize Growth Enterprise-wide
- Latinos for Advancement
- Native Americans in Progress
- Pride Alliance
- Supporters of Military Veterans
- Women Improving the Strength of the Enterprise
- The Diversity Forum — seeks to foster an inclusive and culturally competent workplace in which employees share a mutual understanding and respect for each other.
- Europa — focuses on educating, uniting, and communicating with European ethnic communities on the topics of health and wellness
- Voices of Diversity — a music ensemble that performs concerts throughout the year
"As HCSC reaches another historic milestone—80 years of unparalleled service to health care consumers and local communities—we are more committed than ever to diversity and inclusion. The surest way to understand and meet the needs of today's new consumers is to ensure our workforce mirrors our increasingly diverse marketplace."
— Paula Steiner – President and Chief Executive Officer Health Care Service Corporation
Diversity & Inclusion in Action
At HCSC, we have made great strides in diversity and inclusion. Some of our noteworthy accomplishments include:
- Ranked No. 7 on Diversity MBA's Top 50 Companies for Diversity and Inclusion “Best Places to Work for Diverse Managers and Women” (2015)
- Ranked No. 4 on Diversity MBA's Top 10 Best in Class for Representation
- Ranked No. 5 on Diversity MBA's Top Best in Class for Workplace Inclusion & Retention
- Ranked No. 6 on Diversity MBA's Top 10 Best in Class for Accountability
- Ranked No. 86 on GI Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers (2016)
- Ranked No. 9 on National Society of High Schools Scholars(NSHSS) – “Top 25 Companies Where Top Millennials Most Want to Work” in 2015
- Ranked No. 7 on DiversityInc's 2014 Top 10 Regional Companies for Diversity (2014)
- 2014 Corporate Epsilon Award from the National Black Data Processing Associates (2011 – 2015)
"For many years, HCSC has been committed to creating and supporting a diverse workforce—a workforce increasingly aware of and sensitive to our collective differences. Realizing the full strength of our diverse employee population, however, will ultimately stem from continuing to build on our capacity to demonstrate inclusive behaviors. This is our opportunity."
— Nazneen Razi – Senior Vice President and Chief HR Officer Health Care Service Corporation
We have accomplished a lot, and it's important to retain that drive to become more diverse and inclusive every day. Our promise is that when you join HCSC, HCSC will strive to value you for the unique person you are and respect you for the unique contributions you make. You will receive the opportunity to grow yourself and our organization in ways you never thought possible.
At HCSC, it's all very possible.
"The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) is focused on uniting talent from all lines of difference to benefit all lines of business. In doing so, our framework of inclusion not only targets race and gender, but other critical dimensions of inclusion, such as disabilities, armed forces, sexual orientation, generations, multi-culturalism, well-being and work-life fit. However, creating an inclusive workforce is not just the responsibility of the CDI, it's everyone's responsibility."
— Manika Turnbull – Vice President and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer Health Care Service Corporation
From a comprehensive suite of financial and medical benefits to well-established professional development programs, HCSC is there for our employees-just as we are there for our members.Read More