At HCSC, we're committed to the communities where our members and employees live, work, and play. As a recipient of The Civic 50, an annual award recognizing the 50 most community-minded companies in the nation, we invest heavily on a local level through investments with community partners, volunteerism, civic engagement, event sponsorship, employee giving, donation drives and in-kind donations.
It's not just about the difference you can make through your individual contributions at HCSC — as vital as that is. It's about our collective strength to grow wellness in dynamic ways in the markets we serve.
In 2016, HCSC has provided:
- 126,542 free immunizations and other health services to children and adults in medically underserved areas through our Care Van® programs
- 110,413 volunteer hours resulting in $367,065 in matching grants to our nonprofit community partners
- 331 non-profit community partners receiving matching dollars
- More than 95% of charitable grants directed toward health/wellness and human service activities
- 21+ million health and wellness services provided through the Healthy Kids, Healthy Families® initiative since 2011
- $882,269 donated by employees through annual giving campaigns
- $267,530 donated to our Blue Bear Employee Relief Fund, providing short-term assistance to employees experiencing severe financial hardship
- In partnership with the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest, HCSC's "Enhancing Care for Children with Asthma Project" has engaged 121 health centers across Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas to positively impact an estimated 435,545 asthma patients, while conducting 1,615 community education and outreach activities
In every way, HCSC seeks to reimagine what's possible—and make remarkable, life-enhancing change along the way. You can be part of it all at HCSC.
To learn more about HCSC's commitment to the community and the impact we're having on thousands of people in the states we serve, view our Social Responsibility Report.
From a comprehensive suite of financial and medical benefits to well-established professional development programs, HCSC is there for our employees-just as we are there for our members.Read More